By Linda Kling – Owner of Photo Party Favors specializing in photo favors and invitations since 1992
If you’re looking to send unique Bar/Bat Mitzvah save the dates that stand out from the rest, nothing beats photo Bar Mitzvah Save The Date Cards featuring your multiple photos. Let your child’s pictures tell the story. But before you decide, here are the hottest trends in photo Bar Mitzvah save the date cards.
1. Multiple Photos – Traditional one photo cards get an updated look by featuring several of your child’s photos on his Bar Mitzvah save the dates. You can choose pictures from different stages of his life. While you’re asking your guests to mark their calendar for his/her spiritual coming of age, they can see first hand how he/she has grown. Another approach is to use a variety of current photos that reflect your child’s personality. Take a picture of him/her with his/her favorite pet, playing a sport, strumming the guitar, laughing, hugging their sibling or anything else that gives a glimpse into what makes him/her tick.
2. Unique Designs – Multiple photo cards are a great innovation, but you can take that concept a step further by incorporating your pictures into a cool design. Browse online and you’ll find all kinds photo Bar/Bat Mitzvah save the date cards in every imaginable style. How about a card that mimics a bulletin board that pins up your message and pictures?
Or you could go with a filmstrip design that includes one photo per frame.
There are photo cards showing personalized tickets with all your information. Take your pick of flowers for a girl or sports style for a boy. Or if you want to choose something a little more religious in tone, you can find photo cards with the Torah or Star of David.
3. Themes – Is your child planning a theme for their Bar Mitzvah or Bat Mitzvah party? Shop around and you’ll come across photo Bar/Bat Mitzvah save the date cards that highlight just about any theme party. If you come up empty with your search engine results, trying searching for the specific theme, such as winter wonderland, Hollywood, Mardi Gras, jungle or luau. You can also try looking at Websites that include theme birthday invitations. If they offer their own original designs, they can probably adapt it for your child’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
4. Think Small – If you want to save some money on your photo Bar/Bat Mitzvah save the date cards, without sacrificing any impact, you don’t need to send large 5 x 7 inch cards. In fact, a 4 x 6 inch card is just as stunning and less expensive. Yes, you can still add multiple photos to a smaller card, because you don’t need to also crowd a lot of words onto it. Your message breaks down to asking guests to save the date for your child’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah. Include the date, the words “invitation to follow” and a Website for updates if your child has one.
5. Scratch-Off Cards – If you want your save the dates to get noticed, try this novel approach. On some photo Bar/Bat Mitzvah save the date cards, just the date is scratched off. You can find others that even go further than that. The card teases your guests with hints that include some of your child’s likes, things he’s good at, a baby photo a toddler picture, and then the big reveal when they scratch off to see your child’s photo and name. This one will get people talking!
6. More than a Card – Another option for photo Bar/Bat Mitzvah save the dates is to mail personalized photo magnets or bookmarks. These are also relatively inexpensive and will grab your guest’s attention. An added advantage is that a bookmark or a small magnet are lightweight enough to mail with just one stamp. It’s something that people are likely to hold on to, so they will be continuously reminded of your child’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah date.
7. Do It Yourself – You can scrapbook a page with photos of your child with your message. Pick out nice 12 x 12 inch scrapbook paper for the background and trim to 8 x 12 inches. Add your photos, title and journaling. Then take a photograph of your page. Make sure that the entire page is displayed in your camera’s viewfinder or you might have to crop it with software later. Then, simply make reprints and mail. You can also use greeting card software on your computer, add your pictures and words, and print them on your computer’s printer.
With so many options available, you are sure to find just the right photo Bar/Bat Mitzvah save the date cards for your child. Whether you make it yourself or hire a professional, you can discover inexpensive and unique ways to announce this important event. Whatever you choose, it will turn out to be an exceptional one of a kind save the date card that everyone will treasure.